Pages

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Africa Fashion Week New York x African Creature

As some of you know This week was Africa Fashion Week NY.AFWNY is a three day event  showcasing the talent and work of African designers and I attented as Press for OmoNaija Magazine and Re-presenter for Face2faceAfrica. The show presented alot of  Designers work like Korto Momolu, Blackbird Designs, Kachi Designs,Josefa Dasilva, Tori Famuyiwa, Design by U and many more... There were people from all over the World. I felt proud to be african and being able to be apart of this event. Many Familiar faces attended some like (Omarion-Musician, Ugo Mozie-Stylist Coco and Breezy-Eye wear Designers, Korto Momolu from Project Runway). There were interesting moments like a couple getting married on the Runway. 

Day 1 of AFWNY Showcased designers:
Korto Momolu
Kiko Romeo
Gloria Wavamunno
Rouch
Blackbird Designs
Sly Anim
Bebegrafiti
Kachi Designs
Jo Black Craze

Day2 of AFWNY Showcased designers:
Bill Witherspoon
AsakeOge Couture
Washington Roberts
Danielle Martin
Fikirte Addis
Mirembe Collections
Josefa Dasilva
Kozby World
Endexus Creations
Suakoko Betty

Day 3 of AFWNY Showcased designers:
Nadir Tati
Editalo Designs
Tori Famuyiwa
Sarfo of Styles
Design by U
Funlayo Deri
Yashika
Aamaa a la Mode
Madam Wokie's Couture
Adama Paris
Saint Wobil
for more info visit http://www.afwny.com/ brought to you by Adiree

Check out some of the pictures I took































































5 comments:

  1. That looks amazing. I'm so upset that I missed it. Where could I find more pictures?

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. GREAT collection...
    I <3 all this creations VIVA AFRICA

    http://dablacksjp.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it is amazing you got to attend such an event! I hope there were Nigerian designers there :) lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw some Cameroon creations! Loved everything else as well! The vibrant colours :D

    ReplyDelete